Are your words working for your business?
By following some simple steps when crafting your copy, you’ll be on your way to getting the success you want in your marketing communications.
Have a look at your last piece of writing and check if it follows these simple writing guidelines. It doesn’t matter if you’re writing for your website, a brochure or an email campaign, the same broad brush rules apply.
Have you written:-
– an eye catching headline that contains your USP (Unique Selling Proposition)?
– PUNCHY sentences that include your key messages?
– simple, non techno-babble LANGUAGE that wont bamboozle your audience?
– in an ENGAGING style that makes the reader want to read your words?
– using an ACTIVE not passive voice so your words sing and LIFT off the page?
– lists where appropriate for EASE of reference?
– short, evenly spaced paragraphs that give the reader space to BREATHE and absorb what’s in front of them?
– content that is error-free and has CORRECT spelling, grammar and punctuation?
If you’ve ticked all the above, then give yourself a pat on the back. If not, keep trying and if you need help, give us a shout. We’ll get you back on track.