How to leave a review on Google Maps
This blogpost follows on from my last post about the importance of getting reviews on Google Places and how they can maximise your online exposure. Click here to view.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to leave a review. It’s very straightforward and something you can send to your customers so that they have the information they need to do it themselves.
Please note that you need a Google account to leave a review. If you don’t have a Google account, click here to create one.
1. Go to Google Maps
2. Type in the name of the business you want to leave a review for and click search maps
3. Click on more info next to the business name to verify it is the business you want to review
4. Scroll down to Reviews by Google Users. Then underneath, click on Sign in to rate
5. Sign in to your Google account, or create a new one (see link above). You’ll then go back to the business listing
6. At the top of the screen, underneath the business details, hover your mouse over the grey stars next to “Your rating”. You’ll notice they turn gold as you move across and the ratings change.
7. Select the star rating you want
8. In the box below, type the review you want to give
9. Click publish to finish. Your review will then appear under “Reviews by Google users”
10. To see and manage all the reviews you have made, click on My Profile in the top right hand corner of your screen
When writing a review it’s important to:-
- Be informative and insightful. Make your review specific and relevant to the place you are reviewing and describe what other people are likely to experience
- Keep it real. People read reviews to learn about real experiences from real people, so be authentic
- Be respectful. Make sure any criticism is constructive.
- Write in style. Keep it readable and minimise capitalisation and punctuation. Use good grammar, check your spelling and choose the right length
Google Maps provides a list of useful tips for writing great reviews. You can view them here.
If you have any questions or would like further information on how to leave a business review, please send me an email via the Contact Us page.